Leather Treaty works meticulously at manufacturing products that meet or exceed all testing requirements outline by various Federal Regulation Acts in all countries in which we do business. Every product prior to entering production, requires multiple samples to be lab tested, to ensure all requirements have been achieved. A partial list with some explanation of these requirements are as follows:
- The mechanical hazards requirements of 16 CFR 1500, “Federal Hazardous Substances Act Regulations”.
- The flammability requirements of 16 CFR 1500.3(c)(6)(vi), "Flammable solid" (FHSA regulations).
- The cadmium content in substrate material requirements of state laws Illinois HB 5040 and Minnesota SF2510.
- The lead content of 100ppm requirements by composite testing in substrate materials (Consumer Products Safety Improvement Act (CPSIA) of 2008).
- The total lead content of 100ppm requirements in children’s metal jewelry (Consumer Products Safety Improvement Act (CPSIA) of 2008).
- The tracking label requirement of the Consumer Product Safety Improvement Act (CPSIA) of 2008 section 103 Tracking Labels for Children's Products.
- The total cadmium content of substrate materials requirements in client’s specification (10ppm).
- The total cadmium content requirements in jewelry of Disney’s specification with reference to California Proposition 65 settlements.
- The California Proposition 65 Jewelry Requirements according to The County of Alameda Case No. RG-04-162075.
- The dimethylfumarate (DMF) content requirement of the European Regulation (EC) No. 1907/2006 of the Registration, Evaluation, Authorization and Restriction of Chemicals (REACH), Annex XVII concerning the Restrictions on the manufacture, placing on the market and use of certain dangerous substances, preparations and articles, Item no. 61.
- The migration of certain elements requirements of the European Standard, “Safety of toys”, EN 71: Part 3: 1994, and Amendments.
- A1:2000/ AC:2002. The sample(s) MEET the following requirement(s): The mechanical and physical properties requirements of the tested sub clauses of the European Standard, “Safety of toys”, EN71: Part 1:2011, clauses 1-6.
- The applicable lead content requirements for surface coatings of the Canada Consumer Product Safety Act, Surface Coating Materials Regulation, SOR/2005-109 (Amended Up To SOR/2011-14) Sec 7.2 and 7.3.
- The customs requirements on the placement of country of origin marking, 19 CFR 134.11, "Country of origin marking".
Competition is good for everyone as it drives innovation and provides an array of benefits for both businesses and customers. Unfortunately, sometimes the competition refuse to be innovative and simply copy and create an inferior product in the hopes that our customers will not know the difference. It has come to our attention that such companies have imitated our products completely in areas of style, color, and name. What they cannot copy is the product quality Leather Treaty produces from the experience gained by pioneering the personalized leather bracelet and keychain market over 27 years ago.
Leather Treaty's products are sold in major theme parks, tourist attractions, and many small retail establishments around the world. To guarantee you are purchasing one of our many products, our bracelets for example will always carry our trade mark snap. This snap displays a portion of our company logo with the "Leather Treaty" name. A picture of our trade mark snap can be viewed here. When every product is shipped from our manufacturing facility in Concord Ontario, a Made In Canada sticker will be found on each item. This sticker is in place to ensure the country of origin, the size if applicable, batch or tracking numbers if applicable, and the company name "Leather Treaty". A picture of these Made In Canada stickers can be viewed here. If you have any questions or doubts about the authenticity of our products, please contact Leather Treaty for more information.
Be sure you receive a genuine Leather Treaty product that embodies all areas of safety and quality that only Leather Treaty can produce!